Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thousands are sailing

The BDO use to be something that I just couldn't wait to be old enough to go to .
Ive only managed to attend 3 and they were fun but majority of the time I was just pushing through crowds and purposefully nudging large sun burnt girls (sorry).

This year was a huge let down when i saw the first announcement, the line up was pretty much exactly the same as 2008
Peaches
Dizze rascal
Kasbian
Kora
PNC
Mars Volta
Forgive me if I'm wrong but i also believe Lilly Allen performed

Now don't get me wrong Peaches and Dizze Rascal were amazing but I always thought BDO were these legendary type days and you would always hear stories from your friends who's uncle went and saw Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros or someones older sister saw Sonic Youth

This year however there is a rumour going around that The Pogues are playing.
OH DEAR FUCKING LORD I HOPE THEY ARE COMING!
Ive been listening to The Pogues since I was about 10 , i eventually stole;e all their Cd's from my mother who loves Irish music (this has rubbed off on me)

If they did come i wonder what the state of the singer Shane Mcgowen would be , I heard that the band kicked him out but it just wouldn't be the pogues without a mutilated drunk Shane Mc Gowen

Anyway Ill leave you some lovely photos to look at

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment